UK Apple iPad set Guinness World Record 2010 - Fastest time to type the alphabet on an iPad
Live from the iPad queue at the Apple Store on Regent Street, the latest Guinness World Record Breaker can be announced today for the fastest time to type the alphabet on an iPad. Joseph Grech, who is 28 and originally from Malta, was queuing from 3am before making his record attempt and setting a new global standard with an astonishing speed of 6.61 seconds for his fingers to go from A to Z.
Surrounded by over a thousand Apple fans, all hungry to get their hands on the brand new Apple iPad, breaking this Guinness World Record was not an easy feat for Joseph.
"I was really looking forward to being one of the first to get my hands on an iPad, so to also end up getting a Guinness World Record today is incredible. I'm really happy and can't wait to brag to my friends about it. The photo of me with the certificate will be my Facebook profile photo!" said Joseph, the latest addition to the hallowed Guinness World Records hall of fame.
The stakes were high as Joseph was up against over 30 other fast-fingers hoping to set a Guinness World Record today. Initially, it seemed Jordan Chitty from Kennington, London, had set an unbeatable time with 6.7 seconds, but with just minutes to go Joseph mustered the need for speed and recorded the Guinness World Record breaking time.
A spokesman from Guinness World Records said, "The new Apple iPad is such an iconic and exciting device. Today it seems only fitting that arguably the biggest launch in Apple's long and distinguished history is also the backdrop to its iPad being involved in a Guinness World Record breaker attempt."
Also queuing for an iPad on Friday morning were the world's tallest married couple, Keisha and Wilco van Kleef-Bolton, in full wedding dress. The couple feature on the new free LITE app created specifically for the iPad: Guinness World Records: At Your Fingertips ( http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ipad.aspx). The new app offers an exclusive collection of multi-layered, world-record feats including compelling video, images and graphics allowing readers to interact with the content like never before.
* Nine sample spreads reveal the Strangest, Craziest, Fastest, Deadliest, Tallest, Most Expensive, plus Gamers’ Edition Top 50, Guinness World Record Day and ‘How to be a Record Breaker’.
* Flick through over 140 records
* Explore the detail of various records using photos, charts, timelines, spotlight facts and “actual size” features
* Watch more than 25 stunning video clips as they bring record-breaking to life
* Galleries offer more than 150 stunning photos
* Spin the interactive globe to reveal international record attempts from Guinness World Records Day 2009
* iPhone 3GS and latest generation iPod Touch version will also soon be available in the App store. Although this app is not yet available for older generation iPhones and iPod Touches, we are working on optimizing this for your device.
UK Apple iPad Video - Fastest time to type the alphabet on an iPad